December updates to Azure RemoteApp
Within the month of December 2015, we released the following new features and capabilities for Azure RemoteApp:
- At Ignite Australia during our Fundamentals presentation we gave a demo of our new Web (HTML5) client, we began our private public preview for selected customers and are expanding to accept more volunteers, submit your nomination request.
- Azure RemoteApp modules for Azure PowerShell now include the ability to delete stale Active Directory machine objects which are left behind when a collection is updated, this new module will help remove stale objects ensuing your Active Directory remains clean, install today.
- Office 2016 for Office 365 is supported in Azure RemoteApp, we’ll soon have preconfigured gallery and template images ready for your convenience.
- We are soliciting volunteers to participate in our new Azure portal private preview, submit your nomination request.
- Quick links for previous monthly updates for March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November for Azure RemoteApp.
The following documentation was released and updated
- We’ve updated and added a few items to our Roadmap, check out which new datacenters we will soon support along with when ARM and CSP support is coming.
- How to add O365 users to Azure RemoteApp has been a top question recently, learn How to use Azure RemoteApp with Office 365 user accounts
- Learn about best practices for using Outlook in Azure RemoteApp, check out Using Microsoft Outlook in Azure RemoteApp
- Our new Premium plans which have a five (5) user minimum are great for QuickBooks customers, learn How to deploy QuickBooks in Azure RemoteApp
- Advanced Azure RemoteApp deployment and configuration video link from Ignite Australia has been fixed.
- Microsoft Ignite Roadshow is a 12 city worldwide tour that started in November and we’ll be there speaking on Azure RemoteApp, since the May 2015 Chicago Ignite event was such an overall success Microsoft decided to take it on the road as a roadshow in 12 cities, remaining locations are: Singapore, Sao Paulo, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Dubai, Bangalore, London, Copenhagen, and Hong Kong. Check here for dates and further information.
- Meet the Product Group, if you or your organization would like an in-person meeting with us at any of the locations mentioned above let us know so we can coordinate logistics. Email us at email@example.com with “Customer meeting request: <name of organization>” in the email title along meeting discussion topics.
- Find full documentation and technical guidance here
- Start a discussion about Azure RemoteApp on the Azure discussion forums
- Submit feedback on Azure RemoteApp in feedback forums
Thank you from the entire Remote Desktop (Azure RemoteApp) team!