Within the month of October 2015, we released the following new features and capabilities for Azure RemoteApp:
- Premium and Premium Plus are two new licensing plans released, they both have a 5 user minimum limit and address needs for higher computing resources. Read more about all our purchasing plans
- Learn about new purchasing plans for EMS and existing RDS CAL with Software Assurance customer, you might qualify to purchase Azure RemoteApp for as low as $2 per user per.
- We have a new webpage https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/azure-remoteapp and includes a new Azure RemoteApp clients download webpage.
- Azure PowerShell v0.9.9 modules were released that allow the ability to enumerate list of users assigned to a particular Azure RemoteApp instance and reboot the instance.
- iOS client was updated to version 8.1.14 which included minor fixes for Azure RemoteApp.
- Mac client was updated to version 8.0.23 fixed an issue that caused the RD app to crash when using Azure RemoteApp. Important notice for users on 10.7 (Lion) and 10.8 (Mountain Lion): Our application won’t offer support for these distributions in November. You’ll need to update to a later OS version to make sure you can use a fully supported and regularly updated Remote Desktop client. This announcement has been as well part of our release notes in 8.0.22.
- Office 2016 for Office 365 is not supported in Azure RemoteApp yet, we are completing final testing with Office team and will have new images published when ready along with support statement.
- Quick links for previous monthly updates for March, April, May, June, July, August, and September for Azure RemoteApp.
The following documentation was released and updated
- Read our Roadmap to know what features are planned and when to expect them.
- Yes, App-V is supported in Azure RemoteApp! Learn about Using App-V apps in Azure RemoteApp.
- Learn how to use a start-up script and restrict users from saving data to the system drive in How does Azure RemoteApp save user data and settings?
- Need to redirect USB devices? Check out this article to learn how to find and use the class GUIDs and device IDs that you need to configure USB redirection for certain devices.
- Various updates made to Azure RemoteApp FAQ
- Dynamics AX is one of the most popular apps hosted in Azure RemoteApp, learn how to Deploy the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 Client as an Azure RemoteApp Program
- How to deploy QuickBooks in Azure RemoteApp was one of the top most viewed articles last month. Check it out to learn how to use QuickBooks in your collections.
- Microsoft Ignite Roadshow is a 12 city worldwide tour that starts in November and we’ll be there speaking on Azure RemoteApp, since the May 2015 Chicago Ignite event was such an overall success Microsoft decided to take it on the road as a roadshow in 12 cities, the locations are: Dallas, New York, Toronto, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Dubai, Bangalore, London, Copenhagen, and Hong Kong. Check here for dates and further information.
- Australia will host Ignite Australia the week of November 17th, we’ll present two sessions; an updated version of “Fundamentals of Azure RemoteApp management and configuration” and an all new session “Advanced Azure RemoteApp deployment and configuration”
- Meet the Product Group, if you or your organization would like an in-person meeting with us at any of the locations mentioned above let us know so we can coordinate logistics. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Customer meeting request: <name of organization>” in the email title along reasons for the visit and discussion topics.
- Find full documentation and technical guidance here
- Start a discussion about Azure RemoteApp on the Azure discussion forums
- Submit feedback on Azure RemoteApp in feedback forums
October updates to Azure RemoteApp